Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Title : The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
Author : Richelle Mead
Publisher : PenguinUK
Published : 19th November, 2013
Star Rating : *****
WHEN PULSES QUICKEN NO SECRET IS SAFE.

Sydney always believed that alchemists were born to protect vampire secrets and human lives - until she met Marcus and turned her back on everything she once knew.

But she's not free yet. When her sister Zoe arrives, Sydney can only tell her half-truths about her past. And with every word she risks exposure - and the fatal consequences.

Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney must choose her path once and for all. Even if that means harnessing her magical powers to destroy the way of life she was raised to defend...



Note: This review may contain spoilers from the previous books in the series.
It’s enough for Sydney, having Zoe around to hide all the secrets of what’s been going on at Palm springs recently, including the love that has blossomed between Adrian and her when Sydney finds out that another member of the alchemists will be visiting she’s in a huge and dangerous dilemma. Despite all her efforts, there’s only so much one can hide.

Fiery Heart was a beautifully, fast-paced novel written with excitement, action, romance, adventure – you name it! It was full of surprises and I have to admit the best so far of the bloodlines book by far! It was quite action-packed and we were able to leave Palm Springs for a while so it wasn’t all in one setting. There were new ideas created which lead to more excitement and interest that kept you hooked and wanting to flip through the pages as quickly as possible!

One thing that was new and made it even more delightful was that not only were we looking through Sydney’s thoughts but we got quite a lot of insight into Adrian as well. It was fun to be in his mind and I became more familiar with his character than ever before and became so attached. Richelle developed his character well and justified the happenings of the previous books and we see Adrian changing slowly. I have to admit, I did find him a bit funny in the vampire academy books but I never was really attached or fond of him, it was all Dimitri then! But now, I don’t know how I could have thought that because now I’m tied to decide whether I like the vampire academy series better or bloodlines!

Sydney well, she’s become even more amazing and I absolutely love her! I’m glad how she has changed from the previous books but after all she is an alchemist and Richelle doesn’t let us forget that. It’s a wonder seeing this Sydney and then looking back to her first appearances, I always liked her but as I’ve come to know more about her and understand her, she’s become more realistic, relatable and amazing! She has even more problems now and its getting riskier and riskier and she is in a danger of being exposed by anyone. Those who get caught by the Alchemist’s of mingling with the vampires and being ‘too friendly’ are driven down a route that is horribly disturbing.

Although most of the story was based around Sydney and Adrian it was never boring. We always got the fun involvements from other characters and I was happy to see them all again. And Miss Terwilliger, well I’ve had a change of mind with her…I remember thinking ‘crazy old woman’ when she first appeared and now I regret ever thinking that!

Written with humour, action and fun Fiery Heart was an amazingly and pleasurable read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I honestly don’t know how I’m going to wait till the next book! 

Thank you to PenguinUK for providing me with a review copy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]